The MEDIAPIC is a Multimedia Board and also a PIC32 USB Starter Kit which provides an integrated-yet flexible-solution for the development of high-impact user interfaces. The board comes with a 2.8 color TFT touch-screen display, an onboard stereo audio codec, a joystick and a 8Gb microSD®®™ memory card and its slot.you can use it straight out of the box, Except for a single connection to a computer, and using the demo codes found in the SD CARD
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
The MEDIAPIC is a Flexible microcontroller board based on the Microchip PIC32, PIC24 and dsPIC families. It is designed to be easy to use and suitable for use by anyone from beginners to advanced users for experimenting with electronics and embedded control systems. It contains everything needed to start developing embedded applications included Graphics and Audio.
It is designed to provide a low cost small control solution. It is intended to introduce and
demonstrate the capabilities and features of PIC32, PIC24 and dsPIC with on- chip USB OTG. The board also comes with all the basic components needed for the Microchip PIC32, PIC24 and dsPIC families, so you can use it straight out of the box. Except for a single connection to a computer, no additional hardware or configuration is
necessary. A USB connection to a host computer supplies communications and power to the board. For independent host-side USB operation, the starter kit may be disconnected from the PC and powered through DC Power Jack for independent functionality. The starter kit provides most I/O pins
- except the pins which are used by the TFT Display ( 18 pins ) and SPI2 used by the SD Card
( 3 pins ) - that support a number of peripheral functions, such as UART, SPI and I2C™ ports and pulse width modulated outputs. Use of these advanced peripherals requires an add on board to provide the additional hardware required.
Through the USB interface, it can also be programmed without the need of a programmer, as there is a built in Microchip boot loader.
The starter kit can be powered via USB, or an external DC power adapter.
• PIC32, PIC24 and dsPIC33 with on -chip USB OTG
• Microchip bootloader Firmware
• USB serial interface easily can be used as USB host and USB device
• On-board Micro USB Connector
• On-board Female USB Connector may be used to connect other devices in HOST Mode
• On-board a LED for monItoring USB HOST power on
• On-board a switching power supply provides stable and clean 5V, and a DC Power Connector
• On-board 3.3V regulator
• On-board Shield Power Connectors
• On-board LED Power Supply indicator
• On-board Power Supply Switch (switch between external source or USB one )
• On-board 2.8 inch color TFT touch-screen display with back-light (connected to PMP 16-Bit), driver is ILI1925
• On-board 8Gb Micro SD Card and its holder ( microSD card slot ) connected permanently to SP2 except CS and CD pins
• On-board a LED for monitoring SD Card activity, very useful when playing music
• On-board VS1053 a versatile "MP3 decoder chip", it is Vorbis/MP3/AAC/WMA/MIDI audio decoder.. flexible connections to the microcontroller, and default connections - using the jumpers - is to SP2
• On-board buzzer • On-board RESET (MCLR) Switch
• On-board General purpose Switch • On-board Four-way joystick
• On-board 8 User LEDs, and 1x8 male/female pin header that provides connections to these LEDs
• Most of the processor pins are available except those used by the TFT Display ( 18 pins ) and the SD card ( 3 pins )
• 4 holes to fix the board into a mother board
• On-board 8Mhz Crystal and two capacitors
• On-board 32.768Khz Crystal and two capacitors for RTCC/Timer1
• On-board 1x6 footprint for ICSP connection that provides Microchip Debug Tool Connector